Where to shop Tax Free in Germany
Tax Free shopping in Munich
- Marienplatz – a central square in the centre of Munich.
- Theatinerstrasse - brands like Zara sit alongside big names like Saint Laurent, Michael Kors and Gucci, and jewelers like Rockberries, as well as German shops like Pfeifen Diehl.
- Maximilianstrasse – known for galleries, designer shops and luxury boutiques such as Tara Jarmon and Donaldson Boutique jewellery stores, perfumeries like Jeanne Lanvin, and one of Munich’s most well-known five-star hotels: the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten. Here you can shop at Armani, Chanel and Gucci, to name a few.
- Maffeistrasse – six floors of shopping including Armani, Brunello Cucinelli, Akris, Etro and Ralph Lauren. They also have an impressive Men’s department offering labels like Brioni, Tom Ford and Regent.
- Ingolstadt Village – a designer outlet full of brands such as G. K. Mayr (handcrafted shoes), Michael Kors and Pfendt Optic.
Tax Free shopping in Berlin
Berlin is a shopping paradise. From traditional and new department stores, modern shopping malls, luxury designer shops to small handcraft manufactures, flea and antique markets and bargain stores - you'll find it all.
- Kurfürstendamm – the major shopping boulevard featuring world class brands like Chanel, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Bottega Veneta, Michael Kors, Zadig & Voltaire, Tiger of Sweden, Kiton or Anna Dessous, Beckmann & Schönherr jewellery, Zeiss Vision Center, Noble Optic Maybach or exotic brands like Zilli, a brand particularly known for its handmade goods. Beauty brands like L’occitane complete the shopping experience at Kurfürstendamm.
- Friedrichstrasse – in the heart of Berlin is home to international fashion stores luxury high street brands, books, jewellery and high-end home decor. Galeries Lafayette - the exclusive department store provides an international shopping atmosphere with high-fashion clothes from international brands and beauty products to French products as well as a speciality and gourmet department.The 3,3 kilometre long shopping street is lined with brands like Emporio Armani, Lagerfeld , Thomas Sabo, Sandro, Maije All Saints to high-class jewellers such as Pletzsch Jewellery. High street brands like Intimissimi and Calzedonia feature stores here, too
- Lufthansa Worldshop – airport stores in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Frankfurt and Dusseldorf.
Shopping hours are generally 9.30 am to 8.00 pm from Monday to Saturday. Paying with Cards preferred cards are Visa, MasterCard, less American Express. Other foreign cards are accepted in Germany, as long as they are chip and pin variety; A lot of smaller shops will not accept credit cards. There is often a sign at the door indicating which cards (if any) are accepted.