- Go shopping and get your electronic Tourist Refund Scheme
(eTRS) Ticket, you should show your passport and present a credit card to be used as an ‘eTRS token’ to store all of your purchase details
- When leaving Singapore, make sure you have your eTRS ticket, purchased goods, original receipts/invoices, passport, travel documents and token to claim your GST
- For credit card refunds, use your credit card token details to retrieve your purchase receipts at the eTRS self-help kiosk located at your departure location
- For cash refunds, proceed to Central Refund Counter at the Departure Transit Lounge at Changi Airport. *Cash refunds are only applicable for tourists leaving via Changi Airport
Shoppers eligible for GST / Sales Tax refunds:
- Non-residents of Singapore
- You spend 365 days or less in Singapore in the last 24 months before the date of purchase;
- You have not been, at any time, employed in Singapore in the past 6 months before the date of purchase;
- You are not a member of the crew of the aircraft or ship on which you are departing from Singapore;
- You are 16 years of age or above at the time of purchase; and
- If you are a student pass holder, you must have purchase the goods in the last 4 months before the expiry of your student pass.
SGD100. Shoppers may accumulate up to 3 same-day invoices from the same retailer to meet this minimum purchase amount
Where to get Customs approval:
Last Singapore departure point (on main menu select - Stores, Customs Approval & Refund Points, then select - APPROVAL)
Time limit for Customs approval:
Within 2 months from date of purchase.
Required for Customs approval:
- eTRS ticket
- Purchased goods
- Purchase receipts
- Passport with stamp
- Travel Documents
Refund options available:
- Airport Cash*
- Credit Card
*For cash refunds exceeding SGD 7,500 (either in the form of a single purchase or multiple transactions), an administrative fee of SGD100 is payable to the Central Refund Counter.
- When requesting an eTRS claim ticket at Premier Tax Free participating stores, show your original passport (images and photocopies are not permitted) to confirm your eligibility for GST refund.
- You must present your passport in store
- Make sure the goods are sealed and unused.
- At the airport, please allow enough time for Customs approval process before your flight departs.
- If you are departing on an international cruise (excluding cruises-to-nowhere, round- trip cruises and regional ferries) from the cruise terminal, you must:
- Declare that you are exiting Singapore and will not return via the same voyage on the same ship, using your cruise itinerary as documentary proof of your departure.
- Confirm that you will not be returning to Singapore within 48 hours.
- Depart with the goods within 12 hours of obtaining approval of your GST refund.