- Go shopping and get your Tax Free form
- Get your Tax Free form Customs approved
- Return your Tax Free form to Premier Tax Free and get your refund
Standard 22%, food 10%, books and vision lenses 4%.
Shoppers eligible for VAT / Sales Tax refunds:
Where to get Customs approval:
Last EU departure point (on main menu select - Stores, Customs Approval & Refund Points, then select - APPROVAL)
Time limit for Customs approval:
90 days after the month of purchase.
Required for Customs approval:
- Fully Completed Tax Free form
- Purchased goods
- Travel Documents
Refund options available:
- City Cash* – You must return your Customs approved Tax Free form to Premier Tax Free within 21 days of purchase
- Airport Cash*
- Credit Card (including Union Pay credit or debit card)
*A cash fee will apply
- If you receive a City Cash refund in your shopping destination, you must get your Tax Free form approved by Customs and return it to Premier Tax Free within 21 days or your credit card used for guarantee will get charged.
- At the airport, please allow enough time for Customs approval process before your flight departs.
- Make sure the goods are sealed and unused.
- If you are leaving the EU from Rome Fiumicino airport, luggage with the exported goods must be checked in before Customs. You must ask check-in staff to label your luggage and return it to you. Once Customs have inspected your purchases and export validated your Tax Free form, they will show you how to transfer your luggage to the airplane.
- If you are leaving the EU from Milan Malpensa airport terminal 1, for Premier Tax Free forms issued in Italy, you will receive the export validation directly from Premier Tax Free refund points. If the goods you are exporting are in your hold luggage, go to the Premier Tax Free refund point located landside - area 12 - 2nd floor, thereafter go to check in your hold luggage. If the goods you are exporting are in your hand luggage, go to the Premier Tax Free refund point located airside - departures B - 1st floor.
- If you are departing an Italian airport but changing flights at another EU airport, and if the goods you are exporting are to be checked through to a destination outside the EU, go to Customs at the Italian airport and your Tax Free form will be export validated as if you were at the EU departure point.