- Go shopping and get your Tax Free form
- Get your Tax Free form Customs approved
- Return your Tax Free form to Premier Tax Free and get your refund
Euro - €
Standard 20%, food, books & pharmaceuticals 10%
Shoppers eligible for VAT / Sales Tax refunds:
75.01 Euro on the same day and in the same store.
Time limit for Customs approval:
3 months after the month of purchase.
Required for Customs approval:
- Fully Completed Tax Free form
- Purchased goods
- Purchase receipts
- Travel Documents
Refund options available:
- City Cash* – You must return your Customs approved Tax Free form to Premier Tax Free within 21 days of refund
- Airport Cash*
- Credit Card (including UnionPay credit or debit card)
*A cash fee will apply
- If you receive a City Cash refund in your shopping destination, you must get your Tax Free form approved by Customs and return it to Premier Tax Free within 21 days of refund, or your credit card used for guarantee will get charged.
- At the airport, please allow enough time for the Customs approval process before your flight departs.
- Make sure the goods are sealed and unused.
- If you are leaving the EU from Vienna airport, luggage with the exported goods must be checked in before Customs. You must ask check-in staff to label your luggage and return it to you. Once Customs have inspected your purchases and approved your Tax Free form, they will organise for your luggage to be transferred to the airplane.
- If you are departing an Austrian airport but changing flights at another EU airport, and if the goods you are exporting are to be checked through to a destination outside the EU, go to Customs at the Austrian airport and your Tax Free form will be Customs approved as if you were at the EU departure point.